National Football League
- Founded in 1920 as the American Professional Football Association, the National Football League ("NFL") is the most popular American sports league. Click here to access the NFL’s home page.
- The NFL consists of thirty-two Member Clubs (i.e., teams), evenly divided between the American Football Conference and the National Football Conference, and spread out across the United States as follows: Arizona Cardinals, Atlanta Falcons, Baltimore Ravens, Buffalo Bills, Carolina Panthers, Chicago Bears, Cincinnati Bengals, Cleveland Browns, Dallas Cowboys, Denver Broncos, Detroit Lions, Green Bay Packers, Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts, Jacksonville Jaguars, Kansas City Chiefs, Miami Dolphins, Minnesota Vikings, New England Patriots, New Orleans Saints, New York Giants, New York Jets, Oakland Raiders, Philadelphia Eagles, Pittsburgh Steelers, San Diego Chargers, San Francisco 49ers, Seattle Seahawks, St. Louis Rams, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Tennessee Titans, and Washington Redskins.
- Every year fans descend on stadiums in tremendous numbers to watch NFL teams compete, culminating in the annually most-watched television program in the United States - the Super Bowl. Click here to visit the official Super Bowl web page and view this year’s Super Bowl logo.
NFL Enforcement Efforts
- The NFL devotes significant resources to policing the marketplace for counterfeit products and taking enforcement action against counterfeiters, often joining forces with law enforcement.
- The NFL undertakes substantial measures to ensure the integrity of its products by integrating a number of security features.
- Identifying counterfeit NFL products:
- Authentic NFL products will always display proper, legitimate NFL security tags
- Authentic NFL products will not make derogatory or offensive use of any Club marks.
- Authentic NFL products will display accurate colors, designs, and graphics.
- The NFL Hologram is the essential element of NFL product authentication.
- All NFL licensees are required to affix NFL Holograms to their product or product packaging.
- The NFL Hologram comes in two sizes: the NFL 1” Hologram and the NFL 1 cm Hologram. The NFL 1” Hologram is required on larger items and apparel products; the NFL 1 cm Hologram is used on smaller or inexpensive novelty items and accessories.
- All licensed NFL Jerseys, Headwear and T-shirts must have an NFL 1” Hologram affixed directly to the fabric or on a hangtag affixed to the garment.
Examples of Early NFL Holograms
|2009-2011 NFL 1" Hologram|
|2005-2008 NFL 1" Hologram|
|2002-2004 NFL 1" Hologram|